Thursday, February 22, 2018

Redolence of me

When I get new things, I got an inquiring mind.

He spent a whole hour exploring the toolbox, smelling it and climbing all over it. No doubt putting his own scent on it to incorporate it into our home.

I do something similar when I do my books.

Once I get the proofs I go wild. One proof goes to my proofreader, but one is mine. I paw it like it's made of the softest material ever and hug it like it's a long lost cousin. I even smell it!

No matter how many books I publish, each one is like the first.

I re-read the book before putting it on the bookshelf.


I run my fingers across the books and give them a pat every time I pass the shelf. Being published never gets old.

When I get my first batch of books, I pick up each of the books and smell it, running a hand down the cover. I guess I'm like Toby and want to put my scent on that first batch. Saying that these are mine.

The batches after that only get a pat as I remove them from the delivery box. A touch of me.

Each book is just that, a part of me. They carry a trace, a hint of me. 

So why not a scent of me as well? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment