Saturday, April 21, 2018

Marketing &zilch

Last couple of days I've been marketing Earth Reader on facebook.

It's been free. I set it up to celebrate the release of Mortal Voice. I wanted to make sure everyone had the chance to read my first book. It had taken me years to get it done and I'm proud of it. Though there are changes I would make, little ones. I think we all have that when we publish a book and look at it later.

I got that book signing set up for May 5th too.

Over eighty-two people took advantage of the promotion so far. That's the most I've ever had. I hope some of them do reviews.

Should I say 'good' reviews?  :)

I wouldn't mind them getting the other books in the series as well.

Marketing or advertising is hard work, let me tell you. I went through twelve to fifteen facebook groups, putting up a 'flyer'.  And I'm going to do it all over again with Mortal Voice once I get a 'flyer' done on canva.com or I'll just do a link like I've been doing the last two days. It's a little easier that way.

This is one of the 'flyers' I made on canva.com when MV first came out. Grabs your attention doesn't it?

Or maybe just the link and preview from Amazon. It's hard to decide what and how you want to market when you are limited by finances. For right now I'm limited to facebook as I got zero dinaroes.

 Well, and the signing.

Book signings are good ways to at least get your name out there. I plan to hand out a lot of my business cards. With the popularity of ebooks, I might get some of the customers to order online even it they don't want to buy a hard copy right then.  And I'm having my second book Fire Walker free for that weekend on Kindle.

Enticement.

Toby is also having a book at this signing. Only 2 left. I had them made at UPS store. If you want one bring a small bag of Meow mix cat food. Toby has no use for money but he sure loves his cat food. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment