Saturday, April 28, 2018

Libraries

I did this on canva.com.

I just finished using it in some of the FB groups to drum up some KU business. Catch up time. I'm half way finished with Deadly Flames so it will be out soon.

My bookshelves are kind of bare since I got rid of a lot of my books when I was living in the other place and when I moved. I didn't want to clutter the new place up right away with my ragged old books. I had had a lot of my books for a long time and they were showing the wear so I decided I'd get new(er) version of the books when I could.

I also don't have much books on writing. I have to get them from the used bookstores and they don't always have good selections. There are two writer's handbooks and one old writer's market on the shelve. plus a dictionary and the name book. Also there is my story idea journals and my own books.I also have two years worth of Writer's Digest magazines.  Recently I got Mystery Writer's Handbook by the MWA to add to my collection.

A lot of my reading about writing had been library books. There are a lot of good books out there, but when you lose your library privileges you cut down on what you can get. So back to the used bookstores.

I love used bookstores. I love books.

When I go to used bookstores I can spend hours just wandering around. It's even better if I can actually buy something! :)

But I do sometimes just go to a used bookstore to be surrounded by books. To smell them. I probably will never have a house with a library so this is the closest I can come. The public library is nice but it just doesn't smell or feel the same as a used bookstore or personal library does. Too many people and too new of a smell and look.

At flea markets the stalls with books keep me longer.  A yard sale with boxes of books also keeps my attention longer.

Books are just my thing. I can't get enough of them. Sometimes I go on reading binges and hardly pay attention to the outside world.  Writing sometimes does that to me too. I get so wrapped up that I ignore everything but the words in front of me.

I would love to own a used bookstore. I don't know if I'd be able to sell the books though. I'd be like selling my own kids. Which come to think of it, if they were like my cousins I might. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment