Tuesday, March 27, 2018

a drough

Time.

It seems to move at different rates depending on what you're doing.

When I work on my books the day seems timeless. Time may pass in my book but in real life only a few minutes or an hour has passed, not the time I've written.

The same with reading.


When I'm blocked time passes so slowly. I look at the clock more than the blank page. But when I'm rolling, an hour can pass in what seems a minute.

I never feel as if I have enough time. Real life i.e. making money/Job interferes with my writing time. If only I could make money at writing. :)

Anyway I've rearranged my life a bit. I cut my work hours and set myself more time in front of the computer to write. Money has always been tight, but now I have to stick to my budget or else.

No more splurging on lotto tickets out of the food budget. I'm tired of running out of things.  But I'm addicted and once I start I can't stop so I have to cut it cold turkey. I might have to go back to Gambler's An meetings again.

Anyway, Time

I'm going to be fifty next year and it got me thinking. I need to get my life in order and spend my time wisely. One never knows how much time one has on this earth.  You shouldn't waste it with regrets. You can't change the past, but you can shape the future how you want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment