Thursday, October 26, 2017

bit of Prattle

I'm working on two books right now and starting online college.

My plate is definitely full.

I started Under the Dragon's Tail years ago with  join writing sessions with my friend Travis. We both started our dragon books and wrote in our free time in his apartment to minimize distractions. He eventually finished, but I did not, and he published the first draft with a self-pub company, not completely satisfied with it but wanting to get his book out there.

Tail or Messenger as it was called then was put aside and I worked on putting some of my books into my computer and on disk. I also put like minded ideas together and got rid of some of my childish works. Lots of my teen story ideas didn't make the cut. I was so naïve and silly. 

Those that made the cut got put in a milk crate and were beginning to be put in my computer.  I got about thirty or so in before I heard about the local book writing clubs. I joined all three and asked for Saturdays off from work so I could attend them.

After a few months I decided to pick a book and work on it. There was a self-publisher in the groups and I decided to go for it. At least to get one of my books published so I could say I was published.

Thus Earth Reader.

Now with three more books under my belt, I can say I enjoy writing, though I enjoy the after better. :)

Earth Reader, Fire Walker, Water Ferrier, and Deadly Sands.

The first three are the main series and Deadly Sands is a companion vacation series to the main. I have a few different Voice Series I plan to write as well once these are done. Mortal Voice where there is also dragons is about an earth reader who opens an agency that helps find dead bodies and other things. There is also a story about a earth reader who helps a clan of Weres.

I also have a few dragon books set in different worlds including our own. Tail is only one of them and set in a world where mental powers are prevalent. Think sort of like Darkover before the Terrans came.

I plan to have either Tail or Deadly Flames out by April. There's a ebook I think will come out before then called Z is for Ghoul. It's my bit of babble on Zombies.

 Toby might have his book out before then too. I don't know. He hasn't earned enough money yet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment